Thread: Scottrade?

Default Scottrade?

Today is access problems notwithstanding, do those who use Scottrade like it? It is the top of my research heap. I like the tools.

And is not E-trade in big trouble? Just the mortgage part?

Yes, generally it works fine the majority of the time and I like the tools provided with the elite platform and the availability of a local rep by phone. However, had I had an open position that was going against me and reached my planned exit point, I obviously would not have been happy, no matter how many trouble free days preceded the problem.

I'd still like to test drive a few other platforms though, I may think s/t's platform is garbage compared to another broker's or may find it to be superior, gotta compare first hand to find out though.

Costs a lot to test drive some of them unless you open an account.

My brokerage had a couple minute hic-cup last week just when I wanted to pull the trigger, so maybe absolute dependability isn't possible.

Well, that is what I may do; open an account and see how I like it. If there are any exit fees they are automatically out of the running. I've been able to pull every last penny out of S/T and have it in my bank account either the same day or the following day via wire transfer, I can also bring a cashiers check in the morning and be trading that money in the afternoon. They also offer a Visa card linked to your account and checks. The margin account also remains open even with a zero balance. Obviously anything less than that would not even warrant a test drive for me.

Now I sound like I'm hyping them, which is not my intention by a long shot after today's BS.

I have Scottrade account for over a year and one thing which bothers me more than anything else is absence of orders type generally referred as 'One cancels the other (OCO)' or "Threshold Triggered Order (TTO)'.

Does anyone know how to enter such an order with Scottrade?