Thread: Easylanguage Question

Default Easylanguage Question

This is a two part question:

I have 3 variables that I want to use to make buy limit orders(Call them moving averages). My approach to this has been to try and find the closest support point to the current market price and create a limit buy order at that variable support price.

Question 1:

I have been trying to create code that will tell me what the closest support point is under the current price and put a limit buy order at that price. If that order gets filled then find the new closest variable for a buy price, etc. Is this the best way to accomplish this? Is there some sort of function that will tell me what I need to know?

Question 2:

Lets say one of the variables is 1142.58. And I do a limit at that price in the ES futures which increments in .25. Will the order be 1142.50 or 1142.75? Also how can you make your order round up to the nearest tick.
    Danieltat

Q 1
    The question really isn't an Easylanguage question. What you need to do is write down the rules in plain English for the closest support point. If you can do that first, the coding will be easy. If you can't, then you are effectively asking the board to implement your ideas for free.

Q2
    Either is fine - you can code to do regular rounding, round up or round down.

With regards to question 1, I would think this would be a common objective for many trading strategies. I am not trying to "have someone write my code for free." I am simply asking for suggestions. Maybe there is a built in function that would help me out greatly. I just can't think of any efficient conceptual way to code this.

If anyone else has dealt with this let me know what you think.

flip flopper - look for code that finds swing highs & swing lows and that will set you on the path for Q1.

Swing Highs and lows use functions PivotHighSVbar and PivotLowVSBar.

flipflopper - I'm not going to give the code away - you may have to adapt these somewhat.

In my experience - what you need lies in the area of code for finding swing highs/lows.

Look around teh interweb - you will find better swing high/low finders that comes out of the box with TS