Thread: Spot on - On GBP/USD

Airbladeysr

Default Spot on - On GBP/USD

Hi folks,

I have for the very first time tested the Spot On System on the GBP/USD using the standard breakout of 07:00 to 10:00 bar.

I have input different values of the stop loss ranging from 10 pips to 50 pips.

The data is from the GBP/USD June future on Globex using traded prices. Therefore hypothetically there is not slippage to account for, just trading cost of $2.4 per side or $4.8 per day.

This instrument is $6.25 per pip unline the EUR at $12.5 per pip.

Stop Loss Profit Max Draw
    10 1247 80
    15 1117 120
    20 1043 160
    25 961 200
    30 1065 232
    35 935 267
    40 963 302
    45 1039 337
    50 1064 372

This clearly demonstrates that the stop loss should be small...

Of course the Spot On software can automatically trade this instrument

Thanks again for the sterling work. I may have missed something but over what period are these figures?

Interesting that GBP is less per pip. I was thinking of asking if there's a cheaper way into this. ie. less Draw Down exposure ($). Am I right in saying that if MaxDD is say 300pips, this is 300 x $12.50 = $3,750 (EUR)? If so, it's a bit of a sharp intro to automated trading for me. Anyone know the 'least risky' (cash terms) instrument I can trade with IB? I like the idea of auto-trading with IB, but would prefer to build up to risking that sort of cash.

I've been doing some back-testing myself. This also worries me, as I think the Max DD of 300 may be conservative over the longer term. I'll try & post some results when I'm more confident I've got it right. I notice on this post you have 'Max Draw', on the March Contract you have 'Loss'. Should that be DD as well?
    alexBuse

Yes Max Draw and Loss are the same.
    AlexJaK

My other questions were probably swamped amongst my ramblings:

1. What period do these figures cover?

2. Any idea if there's a 'cheaper' instrument(s) (maximum exposure) to trade with IB, I don't expect you to backtest this, but maybe I could.

Cheers,