Thread: Beginner question on very short term trading

Amazonnnaqq

Default Beginner question on very short term trading

Now i am pretty much completely new to trading. My question is. When, lets say Apple, comes out with a new iPhone. How come poeple dont buy large amounts of Apple stock before, and then sell a few days after the release of the iPhone. Iphones sell out every where and its pretty much a gaurenteed profit right?

Now there may be something that I'm not understanding as to why people dont do this, im not sure. Just always wanted to ask. Thank you
    Amazonnnogu

actually did that a couple of times. However, the problem is when Apple release its new product, the market already knows few months ahead of the actual release, so it is not a news anymore when it finally come out.
    Amazonnntch

That is true. But then again everyone knows that in May is when Apple holds their iPhone conference, and they always come out with a new one. So couldnt you base it around the day of the conference instead of the product release date?

The big institutions typically use the news hype for liquidity to sell the stock and lock in profits you'll often times see the stock actually go down on the actual news as like has already been said they have already anticipated the release of the new product.

Apple had done the whole buy the rumor, sell the news bit many times in the past. It's best just to daytrade the stock around big news events like that as it's hard to predict the over night price action / gaps.

I think I know what you are saying lol. I stil; have a lot to learn. Do you reccomend any books I should read? Or could you point me in the right direction.