Thread: THRILL SEEKING on Intra-Day Charts

Default THRILL SEEKING on Intra-Day Charts

Is this really sailing?
    I don't think so!

Is it an extreme sport?
    Yes! I think it is!

Why is it so popular these days!
    Maybe there is a Recession in the Winds?

Is it just Plain Rotten Luck or Greed?

Why are so many Novice Sea-Cadets committed nowadays to sailing around in circles in this extreme sport of Leveraged Instruments

There are times when daytrading can be quite profitable. The increase in global volatility over the past 5-6 months has made this type of trading more attractive as intraday ranges are large enough for profit. If one could forcast (accurately) future volatility, which I don't believe we can do, it would be very helpful. The best estimate of todays volatility would be the volatility of yesterday. Something that the VIX could help with. Though it is NY based. Maybe someone should construct an Australian VIX. But our options market is probably not broad and/or liquid enough for the tas

Day traders die when volatility dries up. The start of the 2003 bull market has been associated with low volatility and daytrading faded, as a result . How long the current volatility will last is difficult to understand. But when the cycle changes, as it always does, daytraders will have to reevaluate their style or perish.

As those Gutless wonders push this Index to its highs it shows me that they are capitulating and their shares move from the Weak and greedy Landlubber to the stronger holders Who Respect the Seas for all her Moods and Tantrums

IE The VIX moves in the opposite direction
    When she makes new highs the Market makes new lows
    This is only a thumbnail observation and needs a lot more tunnel testing IMO