Thread: For Long Term Dividend Investors

Default For Long Term Dividend Investors

I get a report from Sure Dividend once a month that includes a current list of dividend stocks with a long history of no reduction. The list is by sector and is ranked in each sector by highest score using the 8 Rules of Dividend Investing put out by Sure Dividend. This is a July 2016 list.

One more thing to keep in mind is
    In addition to investing in quality businesses that pay a dividend, look for those that have a long history of increasing their annual dividend. There are excellent stocks out there that have increased their annual dividends for five, 10, 20, 25, or even 50 consecutive years. That means these companies continue to make a lot of money, no matter what the broader markets or economy is doing. They return that wealth to investors in the form of a dividend. Further, investors can rely on these companies to raise their annual dividends.

While most of the stocks in that list are good, I would point out that if I search google for best dividend stocks in 2017 I am going to get a lot of lists with a lot of comments on why they will do good next year. I would caution against this for long term unless the stocks in this list meet all the rules you should be establishing for your long term holds.