Thread: Question on fibs

Default Question on fibs

The 38 fib is the significant level for a wave 4 but what I was referring to earlier was the more common corrective waves. Sorry, I was probably waffling again and not being too lucid. For impulsive waves I'm looking for wave 2 to be 0.618 of wave 1; wave 3 to be a minimum of 1.618 of wave 1, if not it's probably an ABC and not an impulse move; wave 4 to be 38.2 of wave 3; and wave 5 to be 1.618 of wave 4. Apart from the minimum wave 3 these are guidelines and not set in stone.

The one thing to look for in an impulsive wave that is set in stone is divergence in the RSI between waves 3 and 5. If this doesn't exist then it is not an impulsive wave. This is not open to question or doubt and I am certain Mr Elliot himself would have used this had it existed in his day. Many times folk try and label a five wave impulsive move with no divergence and they are wrong. The RSI is the one indicator you must use when labeling EWT. Can you imagine how 'Teed-off' that guy would be to have missed the era of the PC!

I hope some of this helps.

Note to self read before submitting, obviously meant 62 fib diver.

Just interested in why the 38 fib does not come in to your target scenario as I have always thought that it was the 38 and the 68 that were considered the strongest and not the 50.