Thread: Fitbit vs. gropro (long-term) ?

Default Fitbit vs. gropro (long-term) ?

Hello. i am seeking some advice on these two stocks GPRO, and FITBIT. I have been monitoring both closely over the past 2 weeks or so and was trying to figure out which one of these would be the best to invest in for long time growth. The reason being is because both of these stocks have plunged over the past year or so and are now very cheap (around $8 a share for GPRO and $6.50 for FITBIT) which makes them now excess-able for me to purchase and be hopeful for a turnaround. I have faith in both of these i think both will see gains since fitbit sales are doing very well atm and gopros new karma drone has done very well also in the sales department. They picked up a little bit the past week or so then dipped again towards the end of the week which makes me seem skeptical over the long time aspects of the stocks. My question would be which one of these would you buy up if you had to pick ?? or none of the at all? GPRO's management also concerns me and i think they aren't living up to their potential i should say and it shows because the stocks has torpedoed the last few years.

I don't like either of these stocks. Long term downtrends happen for a reason and turnarounds are not typically fast or assured. I see one major similar problem that both of these companies share and that is one called a "moat". Their products are easily and currently being produced by other companies for less money and good reviews. The one thing that could potentially happen but in no way is assured would be getting acquired. Not sure about fitbit's chances but you mentioned management of gopro and you are somewhat right. They have an egotistical CEO that it seems would rather drive the company out of business before allowing a sale. There are so many other good stocks in the price range that would be much more deserving of your money. Just an IMHO. Could be wrong...