Thread: 16 Years Old, Want to Learn Stocks, Please Help!

Default 16 Years Old, Want to Learn Stocks, Please Help!

Hello everyone, I am new to stocks, I generally know what they are. From what I have learned you must be 18, however you can have parents sign forums. Everywhere I look answers vary and don't cater to my needs. I was wondering if anyone can answer what steps I can take as a 16 year old to go directly to purchasing a stock. Like for example what must I do from scratch (Banks, Brokers, Parents) to buy 1 stock from Tesla? Where do I start? I don't aspire to be the next Warren Buffet of course. I simply want to buy some stocks and see where it takes me and go from there. Start small and simple. But I have no clue where to begin. In addition would you recommend stock websites like Etrade or Scotttrade? Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it!

I started on Robinhood 4 months ago, and I'm in the process of closing my account now and moving to TD Ameritrade..... From my experience, I would recommend Robinhood as a TEMPORARY learning avenue... You can get a feel for what it's like, psychologically, to speculate with real money...... But there is nothing more to learn from their platform

I don't know anything about E-Trade or the others, but TD Ameritrade is also a great platform for the novice.... They provide "paper trading", where you can trade in a real world environment with fake money... And they frequently offer "swim lessons"... Which are free live audio lessons with an intigrated chat room