Thread: Made a Mistake

Default Made a Mistake

So i think i made a mistake. I am traditionally a buy and hold (do my due diligence type of guy) I buy through Robinhood so most of the time they are limited on the securities they allow for purchase. I realize that a lot of them carry a high risk the cheaper they are and tend to stay away from them. HOWEVER of course through a friend I decided to purchase what i thought was $300 (5200) shares of a company called OPXAW to maybe gamble a bit. Apparently these are not shares at all they are Warrants. I have read and read about warrants and it seems as if they are a type of option with a strike price that just end up being $0 over time if you do not intend on buying the shares.
    AfudDaple

I do not like to play in that type of stuff and realize that it was dumb to buy on a hunch. Could someone maybe explain what happens with these things? Am i required to ever put more money than what I have in it? Can i just resell them on robinhood and maybe make a few bucks or lose just a few? I appreciate the knowledge on this site and lurk from time to time on here. Thanks!