Thread: Market Filter/Switch

Default Market Filter/Switch

I've started this thread to compare different Market filters or switches and to show their current state.
    The beauty of having a mechanical Index filter for your trading is that there is no agonising over what to do.
    One of the most well known filters is the 50dma/200dma cross (currently off)
    I have my own switch signal (call it STT for short) which is based purely on price bars and gives me weekly on/off signals.(currently off)
    Then there's the Coppock entry signal (which needs a suitable exit) and probably many others.
    If anyone has a favourite switch feel free to name it & contribute a chart, table or method, or if they have a good exit for the Coppock indicator I'd like to hear about it.
    As the Small Ords Index behaves so differently to the big end of town I think switches should be applied to both the ASX 100 and the Small Ords.
    I'll start a table & any others can be added in as we go.
    Affmonitor2017

Adding Weinsteins 30 week weighted moving average to the list to see how that compares.
    ON = a weekly close (as I'm only going to update this weekly) above the 30w wma + the ma slopes upward.
    OFF = a weekly close below the 30w wma.