Thread: I.C. Mobile App... an incredible oportunity presents...

3susawmeyvpjqlr

Default I.C. Mobile App... an incredible oportunity presents...

An interesting opportunity presents itself as Collin develops the PC version of the Incredible Charts Mobile App ... If the intention is to advance the I.P., and I would very much hope that is the intention? and not just replicate the current iteration onto another platform.

If the programming skills are up to the challenge, an incredible opportunity presents itself to hugely advance the I.C. software that has the potential to attract a greater uptake of the software. But it will take more than just static old school chart thinking.

With the relatively cheap live data available today, there is opportunity to program a platform to filter on the fly a wide array of filters and alerts, price, volume, volatility & momentum based, much like what the current stock screener does statically now; but filters and list in real-time. This would be a game changer for I.C., advancing the focus from static single chart study of a stocks to a system where the charts are used actively to confirm a trade decision based on programmatic filters. Let the system do the hard yards, that's what computers are good at doing; so that the program lists potential trades in real-time, daily & minutely.

After following daily price charts for over 10 years now, and still find I am usually not on the action but usually well behind the action, or following others actions albeit not very confidently when committing to a stock ptrade based on the many current chart indicator signals that take ages to individually assess from watch lists that constantly needs maintenance and manual screening.

Think of a platform that once set-up to your variables; weather it be price or volume, or MACD crossings, Point & figure resistance breaks, momentum or volatility systems and or combinations of all these. This could easily be 'live filtered' so that all the trader has to do is pick from the filter results one or two stocks daily or weekly, do some research & commit to the trade. If the average of successful trades is 50/50, then it takes a structured system to positively advantage the averages in the traders favour.

I remember around 2003 there was a system for trialing (found on Top$tocks forum, cost $3500 p/a), that worked like this, although gone now?, I tried it for 2 week demo period with the in-system $10,000 test amount, at the end of the 2nd week I was up 4K, although I had not taken any real trades just system trades. It was a price & volume based filter system that popped out 2 to 3 stocks every day that met the filter criteria, the trader then used their own means and broker to make the trade. The system filtered out and tagged the stock with a buy then when criteria was met, and a sell, as they became non trades.
    That platform showed me there were alternatives to the static charting technical ways, I didn't take the subscription, I would have if had more expendable finances at the time.

Which brings me to the following;
    There are two types of traders; traders who are already well financed, and traders who are trying to build wealth through trading. I'm personally from the later group, have been for decades and are still trying. I continue based on what I see in the historical chart, and from what I hear about others successes of turning 5K into 150K. I see it as my only way out of financial dependence on 5 day week servitude employment, if you don't have wealth behind you then you really have no opportunity to build cash ready wealth, due to your income being mostly locked into debt loan re-payments.

So I operate in a stock market that is driven mostly by well financed people operating individually or as trading groups that target stocks on a daily basis probably through alerts from live trading systems. People who are able to, if they don't get a signal correct, have the moneys available to buy out a stock until the buy orders fill in, then sell into those new orders, and make a nice profit margin for their mistakes.
    I see it all the time watching the market. These traders must buy on signals, if the signal proves positive they buy more, if not then they buy more then dump on the market. But it is signal based system I'm sure. And i suspect these traders generally run the market.

What gives these traders the confidence to commit $30,000 plus on stocks that have no immediate positive profit or dividend profile, companies that are mostly, for years, have been operating on debt? My guess is a live dynamic trading system that produces 3 to 4 stocks daily probably based on price & volume, Momentum & volatility, some indicators like MACD crosses & Bollinger bands pinches.
    How some of these stocks will interest traders is a mystery to me, stocks with 1.5 billion plus shares on issue and negative earnings yield somehow attract traders so that the stock will advance 50 percent in a week with zero positive announcements. I know the stock-market is a speculative place, but some of the money being thrown about on these stocks simply astounds me, it must be done with confidence, and I would suggest based on a system that actively filters from the wider market.

And I have come to the conclusion this is what I really need to be more successful at trading, instead of subjective daily multitude of manual stock chart analysis from a multitude of indicators, from a multitude of watch lists stuffed with a multitude of stock codes.
    89hBbtrm4E

That certainly gives me food for thought.

The whole purpose of the new platform is to speed up development and provide greater flexibility. Even then, development is a slow tedious process that takes many man-hours and lots of $$$. So we have to be careful about the development choices we make.

The first issue is: what time frame is most likely to deliver the most benefit. Long or short? Discussion of what time frames are the most profitable to trade warrants a separate thread, but I will attempt to kick off the discussion here.

I believe that the market is dominated by the big money investment houses and super funds who generally take a long-term view of the market. HFT generates large volume but little direction as they are simply trying to 'front-run' the big money. Retail investors are dominated by long-term SMSF investors as well, while traders are a small slice of the pie.

Now the big money may describe their view as long-term, but this would generally be 2 to 3 years as they have to account to investors for performance. I would call this medium-term to distinguish them from the truly long-term SMSF investors who buy Telstra and the banks (for example) and seldom if ever sell them.

If we are to make money we either have to feed off the big money herd, like wolves following the reindeer migration, buying and selling in shorter time frames, or else play the long game, buying stocks with a 5 to 10 year time horizon.

I prefer the long game, but that may be more a matter of temperament than any kind of statistical evidence. However, there seems to be far more wealthy long-term investors than short-term traders.

I hope other readers will weigh in with their views.