Thread: Defense/Aerospace

Default Defense/Aerospace

What are everyones favorite picks in this sector? Do you agree the sector still has a lot of potential upside for a couple years?

I am starting a fresh portfolio and I very much would like to have a position in this sector. I am looking at the obvious candidates of course (Lockheed & Northrop), but I also very much like Precision Castparts (PCP).

They are trading at 52 week highs and report on 5/9 so i'm not sure if not is the best time to get in or not, however their earnings/growth/fundamentals look great.

Anyone else take(taking?) the plunge on this stock? Would you rather just stay with the big names?
    ARTWevy

A small cap play that has given me stellar returns over the past 6 months is Armor Holdings - AH

Armor manufactures ballistic and blast protection armoring systems for various military ground vehicles.

Looks like you chose very well with AH. Another big move. I got into PCP expecting earnings to continue rising, we'll find out soon as they report on Wednesday!
    Artisankaj

My favorites are UIC and AVAV, two companies that make Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). Besides military use, these will eventually be used for other purposes such as traffic monitoring.

I was deciding between NOC and LMT and went with LMT @ 96.60. This war looks to be going on for 2 more years at least. LMT has better name id that NOC. Both are good companies and have had good roi and roc over the past few years.