Thread: John Deere - any buyers?

Abadanawhest

Default John Deere - any buyers?

Any buyers of John Deere in here lately? up 30% ytd, this has been a rocket

The government has set new benchmarks for ethanol production in its most recent legislation. It seems, in complete disregard of higher grocery prices, that ethanol is here to stay. At least for the next 10 yrs. So yes, if I had money to spare I'd be long Deere right here.

That all makes sense. I just wonder, are you chasing at this point? If rates continue up this equipment gets more expensive. And the ethanol play to me seems like gimmick until this presidential run is over.

Except the cost of milk, cheese, chicken, beef, cereal, soda pop (sweetener), and nearly everything else is up because of this. I'm spending 20-30% more per grocery visit over the last four months. I have literally tracked the prices of certain items and nearly monthly they rise 10% or more.

For example, I went to buy lunch meat (god knows I can't afford to eat out) for my lunches. Turkey that used to cost me $5.99/lb just last week is now $6.69/lb. Cheese is next to escalate from what I heard on 700WLW this morning.

Eventually all this price escalation, and they won't call it inflation 'cause it's food and energy that's rising, will take a chunk out of the discretionary spending of the average American. This can't keep up over the next 10 yrs like the government wishes or our economy, and our populace, is going to be hurting.