Thread: Order size and the reverse button

Antoniogloli

Default Order size and the reverse button

I'm using ChartTrader. I have an ATM strategy with 3 targets set ( each with one contract ). 1. When I choose to enter an order with 3 contracts the behavior is as I expect.
    2. When I choose to enter an order with 1 contract the behavior is also what I expect - the target/loss for the 1st lot configured in the ATM is used.
    AnzorpeT

While in a position created with 1 contract ( scenario #2 above ), if I hit the reverse button I expect to reverse to 1 contract in the opposite position, but instead it reverses to 3 contracts. I still have the quantity set to 1 contract in the ChartTrader panel and so I don't understand why it would submit an order for 3 contracts.

Can you please clarify if you have the first scenario ATM strategy template selected at the time for when you hit the reverse button?

Yes. I just tried it again and it reversed from 1 long to 3 short. I have ATM strategy set up using the config dialog of the ChartTrader:
    contracts: 1, 1, 1
    stops: 12, 12, 12
    target: 12, 24, 36
    I put 1 contract for order, go long with the one then hit the reverse button and I have 3 short, even though it still says 1 contract in the ChartTrader panel.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.
    You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support