Thread: ACAD - Acadia Pharmaceuticals

AmosAguiar

Default ACAD - Acadia Pharmaceuticals

The small-cap pharma stocks have been on a tear this week and one I've been watching for weeks now but which finally ran away from me without me taking a position -- a combination of a lack of funds a couple of weeks ago and then hesitation on my part when it looked like the broader market might turn south -- is ACAD [NASDAQ:ACAD]. Basically, I'm kicking myself right now but it may not be too late to get in because this is an unpredictable and highly mobile beast with massive upside potential!

The very brief skinny on ACAD is that they are set to announce topline Phase III results for their Parkinsons drug, Pimavanserin, "in Q3 2009". No prizes for guessing that a drug to treat Parkinsons would be huge as there is currently no FDA-approved treatment for PDP:
    The start of the first Phase III pivotal trial in our pimavanserin PDP program is a key milestone for ACADIA and an important step forward toward our goal of providing a first-in-class treatment for patients with PDP," said Uli Hacksell, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer of ACADIA Pharmaceuticals.

"There currently is no drug approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of PDP. We believe pimavanserin may provide a unique combination of antipsychotic efficacy, motoric tolerability and safety and, therefore, represents an important advance in therapy for patients suffering from this debilitating disorder."
    AnnmarieSc

Lesson learned that if you are confident in something to buy I presume? hehehe :wink_bys :smile_bys