Thread: another day another frozen chart

Default another day another frozen chart

See attached pic of monthly chart of dollar yen ($USDJPY). Current price is $123.04, but this chart is frozen at $119.11 for some reason. I've got two workspaces devoted to the dollar yen, with daily, weekly and monthly charts in them, and only this one chart has frozen. The only thing that I know to do is to hit "Reload all historical data" which sometimes works, but not this time. Are there any more tricks to get a chart to start updating properly? BTW, I'm using NT 7 (latest updates) with Kinetick EOD data.
    Taz Tasuki
    AppobPep

When I test such a chart on my end, I load data as expected.

Can you please disconnect Kinetick EOD and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab, click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the USDJPY chart loads data as expected.

If the issue remains, please exit NinjaTrader and go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the cache folder. Start NinjaTrader and check again.

Thanks for trying, but no luck, and if memory serves, this is the usual pattern with this glitches---nothing fixes a chart once it gets stuck. I'm curious what the heck is going on in the software such that this sort of error could occur.
    You can easily appreciate the problem: when you're trading live, you absolutely need to be able to trust that what you're seeing is correct. Needless to say, this sort of error is very worrisome.
    Anyway, thanks for trying.
    Arimedun

Thanks for trying, but no luck, and if memory serves, this is the usual pattern with this glitches---nothing fixes a chart once it gets stuck. I'm curious what the heck is going on in the software such that this sort of error could occur.
    You can easily appreciate the problem: when you're trading live, you absolutely need to be able to trust that what you're seeing is correct. Needless to say, this sort of error is very worrisome.
    Armandoquaky

Kinetick EOD is no real-time feed. In so far the chart will always be frozen. The last value displayed will not match the current price of the security and it will not be updated.

However, the value shown on your chart is from last week. This can be caused by

-> selecting a false end date under Data Series setting for you chart
    -> incomplete daily data

Please check the DataSeries settings of your chart and reload daily data. The problem should then go away. However, with an EOD data feed you will never be able to track intraday prices. For that purpose you need to subscribe to a real-time data feed.