Thread: Multiple chart windows

AnneThorp9

Default Multiple chart windows

A quick note on how I manage multiple chart windows. NinjaTrader does not group charts in a single "master" window - which is a bonus when using multiple monitors.

At the same time, it is useful to group some charts together (in a "sub" window), so that you can move those charts together or toggle between them easily. E.g. one may want to bring all EUR/USD charts (multiple timeframes) under one "umbrella" (or, for example, add 6E charts to that group too).

I came across this little application - http://www.windowtabs.com - which does just that. It allows you to group individual windows (charts) in a "tabbed" format (the way most browsers handle multiple windows these days). That makes chart navigation and management much easier (for me, at least).

Free version allows you to add just 3 charts to a "group". Full version is priced reasonably, IMO. Also, note that you can choose (in settings) which application to exclude from "tabbing" (e.g. it's a good idea to switch it off for a browser, otherwise you get tabs on top of tabs which becomes very cluttered and confusing).

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately this option to group charts is not available at this time within NinjaTrader however, I will forward this to our development team for future considerations.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    AnthonyJette

I'd like to second Grizzly's request. I was about to ask a similar question. I like to daytrade futures with 4 windows (3 chart windows and 1 SuperDom window). As things are, I need to find each window separately and bring it to the foreground when I want to daytrade, and I have many other windows open. The NT windows always get buried under other windows, so I would love to be able to bring the whole group of NT windows to the foreground when I need them rather than find them one by one. Thanks for listening...
    AntjeDenha

Hello, i have similar request. It would help me a lot to be able to switch between widows easier than pressing atl+tab all the time. I use NT for analyzing spreads, so i have some 15-20 chart windows open in my workplace. It is frustrating to search for a right one. Another way would be to have some "master list of chart windows" that would hold info on all open chart windows and would provide switching between them.
    Please comment