Thread: Monthly Chart Not Jibing with Daily Chart

Default Monthly Chart Not Jibing with Daily Chart

For quite some time now I've noticed that when I draw a trend channel on a monthly chart, it does not reflect correctly on the daily chart.

The screenshots attached are of long term charts in the stock market. But before this I noticed the same thing happening in the lower timeframes in the futures markets.

In the first screenshot attached (of the monthly stock chart), you can see that the trend channel top (supply line) is at approximately 94.00, and it looks clean.

Then when I go to the daily chart (see second screenshot), this same trend channel looks like a mess.

And while in the daily chart, if I zoom way out, this same trend channel top is at approximately 88.00 (see third screenshot of daily chart). That is quite a big discrepancy (from 94.00).

How can I make good structural trading decisions with such far off numbers and with charts that look good at times and look like a mess at other times?

Thanks for your help,

Try increasing the Days To Load on the lower time frames so that they can include all data that the lines are drawn on so it can properly place their anchor lines.
    Alfredten

Thanks for the info.

When you say "on the lower timeframes", as for the stock charts, the daily chart is set at 365 days; and that is my lowest timeframe for stock trading.

Do you mean increasing the days beyond 365 in the daily chart?

That is correct, Increase the Days To Load on your daily chart to 1000.