Thread: Suggest an online-brokerage

AgnesNimmo

Default Suggest an online-brokerage

Hello Everyone. Glad I found this site. I've recently become a big fan of Mad Money and plan to take that 20% of my investment portfolio and try to make some mad money!!

So I was wondering if someone could recommend an online account (and I'll use a referal code if it gets you a bonus).

Probably will start the account with <$3k and probably won't make more than 2-3 trades/month. TD Ameritrade looks like $9.99/trade but they don't link to any IPO's. E-trade looks like $12.99/trade for my level, and it appears I might be able to get in on some IPO's if they are linked to the underwriters.

Scottrade is $7 a trade, but they charge extra for mutual funds
    The one I use, firstrade, is $6.95 a trade with free mutual funds. Check them out...www.firstrade.com
    AileenManz

I like Tradeking. They recently added some new technology which allows for greater technical analysis which is really nice. Also the trades are only $4.95 which is very cheap. Ranked #1 of online traders by SmartMoney. Not bad. Hope this helps.

I like Tradeking. They recently added some new technology which allows for greater technical analysis which is really nice. Also the trades are only $4.95 which is very cheap. Ranked #1 of online traders by SmartMoney. Not bad. Hope this helps.

I use Scottrade and am satisfied. $7 trades.

One consideration for me was Scottrade has a local office I can visit or call if I have a problem.