Thread: Official MLB Thread

Default Official MLB Thread

Post-season begins today! Are we all ready to get it on or what!

I've got no real favorites in it this post-season, except for that I'd LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see the Cubs end the longest running championship droughts in sports history!!

After the kind of regular season these guys had this season, if they can't get the job done once and for all this post-season then when will they ever??

LET'S GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUT AN END TO THIS 100+ YEAR CURSE!!!!

I am really hoping that if the Cubs do end up bringing home the big prize in November after 100+ years of WS title drought, that all would be forgotten as far as all the past failures are concerned with this franchise. One being, I hope Steve Bartman if he's still alive out there somewhere makes a return to Chicago to laugh off what has been just a ridiculous curse that just never wanted to end.

I hope the Cubs can finally get the job done here ... if there was ever a team that could/should be able to pull it off, THIS IS THE ONE right here right now!

Even though I don't think anyone would deny they are the best team this year, all it really takes is a bad start from a pitcher/good start from another teams pitcher to win a series. If they don't get hot or fall behind early (like last year vs the Mets), then they might just be too young to know how to correct it. Like last year when they were all swinging for home runs because they were down in the first inning every game against the Mets. Hopefully they watched the Royals and realized the way to do it is to just get on base.

I hear ya! It's tough to think this is really the year after 100+ years of falling short. But wow, was this ever one of the best Cubs regular season teams I have ever seen. They were absolutely amazing this season! I just don't know if it will ever happen (winning the WS that is) if it doesn't happen this post-season. I just hope nothing crazy happens in these playoffs ... no crazy Steve Bartman type incidents again please! I will be rooting hard for the Cubs all post-season!
    Adelesiau

I just remind myself that their whole team is extremely young and they should have basically the same team for the next 5 years, just with more experience and more leadership. If they don't win it this year, there's no reason they can't be an even better team next year.

So, this is reeeeeeeally looking ahead here lol ... but I was just thinking ... how cool would it be to see the 2 longest active world series championship drought teams play in the Fall Classic?

It's very possible as we have the Cleveland Indians (who haven't won a WS title since 1948) currently playing in the ALCS against the Toronto Blue Jays.

And of course the Chicago Cubs (who as we all know haven't won one since 1908!) playing in the NLCS against either the LA Dodgers or Washington Nationals.

If those two teams advance from both of their league championship series respectively, that would indeed become a reality!