Thread: I am still here safe and sound.

The mountain state recently suffered a major blow from Mother Nature. The flood of 2016 which has affected 44 out of 55 counties. One of the hardest hit areas was 30 miles from my house in the community of White Sulphur Springs which got 9.25 inches of rain in about 2 hours. The devastation was wide spread to the southern portion of the state. The loss of life is listed as 24 which is amazing given the damage. Unlike the Midwest floods that spread on an open area these were contained within small communities which sit in the mountain terrain and the mountain run off to small streams and small rivers attributed to the damage. A lot of the small towns were essentially cut off as the only access roads were destroyed.
    BrigitteDi

Default I am still here safe and sound.

It largely passed us by rather violently
    Glad you made it through ok.
    I guess it took out the repairs you showed us at the creek a year or two ago.
    Barbarasoync

Looks like a lot of work ahead to get things repaired there. Glad you are safe.

Thanks to everyone that sent messages to inquire about my well being. I suffered only minor damage at my property and other than having to stay in town on Friday evening because the roads were flooded to my house after assisting with the evacuation in town I feel fortunate. We have been running off of generator power since Thursday morning until 5PM tonight.

Looks like a lot of work ahead to get things repaired there. Glad you are safe.