Thread: Which Futures Market Should I First Chart?

Cicitatign

Default Which Futures Market Should I First Chart?

I'm new, just starting to use NinjaTrader, and I was wondering what market I, as an aspiring daytrader, should start following in my demo account. To follow is the same as to chart, ain't it?
    ClariceKcf

emini ES market is most forgiving and easiest to trade IMHO.

Trading with tick charts works well too
    CliftoncheRa

It's a Futures market, yes? What does it trade, specifically?

Is its ticker symbol: ES-03-10?
    Clintonfaw

I suggest using range charts. It looks much cleaner and is easier to analyze.

I've been trading /CL for a few weeks on the $0.05 and $0.10 range bars. I've made $2,900 trying different stuff. I found a 100 EMA and 7 period CCI works well together, as well as Laurence Connors' RSI-2 method. Haven't tried other futures. I was up $590 today, but got ****ed. I keep forgetting how inventory reports make the oil prices go sporadic. Still managed to put $240 in my pocket at the end of the day though. I'm up $160 tonight so far.

"E-Mini S&P, often abbreviated to "E-mini" (despite the existence of many other E-mini contracts) and designated by the commodity ticker symbol ES, is a stock market index futures contract traded on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange's Globex electronic trading platform." - Google Search

03-10 would be contract date.

You want ES12-14, which would be current contract date.