Thread: If someone found the grail....

Default If someone found the grail....

would you think it morally right of them to release it?

By "release it". I mean let it run rampant, as opposed to giving it limits, quitting while you're ahead etc.

If you let it off to it's own devices, surely it would have it's own effect on the stock market after a while (assuming it still works perfectly after it's effect).

I mean, eventually, as there is very little utility gained in trading, surely everyone would quit as you'd be the only one making money (pareto efficiency).

I know the official trader response is "screw em", but I think a lot more then traders are going to be effected. The whole world for example.

Maybe I'm going OTT though.
    ahijodop

I think there are quite a few Grails that have already been released on this forum at least. Hasn't had much effect on the markets as far as i can tell.

It's people that are the problem - give me Lewis's car and I'd most likely crash it while still in the pits. Good car though
    agrohimiod

That puts you on par with Lewis!

Guess it depends on your definition of grail. I know there are many systems which can make money, but i was more talking about one which made amazing amounts of profit a day. Trading nearly every rise and fall and winning nearly every time.

You wouldnt be distributing it, for money or no. :P
    Agerbuff

''You're living in a dream world'' - as Morpheus said to Neo

the grail exists.
    its called being a broker.
    commissions collected on every trade, every day, whether the client wins or loses.

every mouse-click for a buy, you collect comms.
    every mouse-click for a sell, you collect comms.