Thread: The Post limit- Why is it still here?

Hybrid View

aimee.xiongerugs

Default The Post limit- Why is it still here?

I've been on this site for a bit, mostly the RPG forum as of late. I tend to make a lot of alts because of this. However, this is very hindered by the post limit. The post was first installed because of a single person spamming, Adds I believe. It worked for the most part. However, it is now nothing but a negative thing. It keeps new users from getting into the site, and as I've said keeps RPGers like myself from progressing characters.
    aisharm60

Yep. You can't post freely until you reach 20 posts. You get six posts your first day, then five posts.

The spammers and trolls and such aren't threatened by the post limit at all. First, the post limit doesn't affect the ability to post threads, hence me doing it now. Second, I've seen trolls make new accounts in minutes, keeping them from being both affected by the post limit and also keeping them from being banned permanently. Any troll who is bad enough to create multiple accounts usually are the ones getting banned, so it doesn't seem very relevant.

The post limit stops at around 15-20 posts I believe. I didn't mind. It lasted only abwout 3 or 4 days.
    AlannaJzf

It's a major hindrance to RPGers. Don't tell me this like I don't know it. I have like five alts I want to make but I don't want to have to deal with the limit. Considering it's not doing any good, I don't' see why it's still necessary.