Thread: ARWR - Arrowhead Research Corp. (NASDAQ Stock)

AbeMckeeve

Default ARWR - Arrowhead Research Corp. (NASDAQ Stock)

A huge move up and then a huge move down today grabbed my attention so I looked into this one a little more and thought I would start a thread on it. I'm actually excited about this one and bought 1000 shares today @ .48 just before the market closed. Hopefully this is just a starter position and I will add some more as it goes up

The one year price target on Yahoo is 9.00 but take that with a grain of salt and some water Still interesting that its that high.

Average volume is only around 165,000 but todays volume was 2.93 million. Keep an eye on this one and it might make you some green.

About Arrowhead Research Corporation

Arrowhead Research Corporation (Arrowhead Research Corporation) (NASDAQ: ARWR - News) is a nanotechnology company commercializing new technologies in the areas of life sciences, electronics, and energy. Arrowhead is seeking to build value for shareholders through the progress of majority owned subsidiaries. Currently, Arrowhead has four subsidiaries commercializing nanotech products and applications and minority investments in two privately held nanobiotech companies

SHARE STRUCTURE:

ARWR is traded on the Nasdaq.

Shares (Millions) 42.935
    Float (Millions) 41.927

52-Week Low (03/03/09) .36
    52-Week High (07/02/08) 2.82

Misc. Info and News:

6-23-09
    Cerulean Pharma Inc. Announces License Agreement with Calando Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a Subsidiary of Arrowhead Research Corporation - Yahoo! Finance

5-27-09
    Summary of ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP - Yahoo! Financ

ARWR looks to take out some highs and make a nice move.

ARWR Chart

abookzNog

ARWR with a powerful move today but look at the volume. The volume was not consistant with the move. If news did not move it then proprer DD is in order. Its possible traders are holding this stock in hopes of a bigger move to ensue. Therefore DD would unveil the reason. If there is no ryme or reason then be careful because it may be MM's looking for suckers.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greencat View Post
    ARWR looks to take out some highs and make a nice move.

ARWR Chart

Abvozova

ARWR I believe is getting ready to make a high level cup pattern. Very Bullish...

ARWR Chart

accexstuche

And it might....some good fundamentals to drive this stock:

Arrowhead Starts New Subsidiary, Ablaris Therapeutics, to Commercialize Anti-Obesity Technology - Yahoo! Finance

Quote:
    “The technology that Ablaris is developing takes a completely different approach to weight loss,” said noted obesity expert Dr. Randy Seeley, Professor of Medicine at the University of Cincinnati and Executive Director of the Cincinnati Diabetes and Obesity Center. “This technology limits the blood vessels that support adipose tissue. In my research lab, we have validated that this approach results in profound weight loss in several pre-clinical models. Moreover, the weight loss was due to animals eating less. Consequently, this unique approach produces appetite suppression but does so by acting at adipose tissue rather than by acting directly on the brain.”
    "A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
    Expanding Government is America's Biggest Threat!