Me uncle sold it ta me for 50 euros. You probably know it better as St. Stephen?s Green these days. It was actually called that back then too and I asked him about that and he crossed his heart and hoped to die if it wasn?t his to sell, so I had no reason to disbelieve him did I?

I had six sheep, a cow and two pigs and three Alpacas ? they?re all the rage don?t you know. I still allowed all the locals and tourists to come through as it made no difference to me and then I realised the animals were getting a lot of fond attention and I thought to meself (this is the edge) that instead of me buying the feed and giving it to them meself, I could margin it up ta 1000% by selling it in small brown bags to the public and getting them to pay me for the privilege of feeding me own livestock. Well things were dandy for a while and I got bored. (Here?s the other edge) On the western edge by York St I thought I?d start growin some veg ta sell. So I started ploughing It up and it?s at this point the authorities moved in. They insisted I was mistaken in the ownership of the land and I even showed them the note me uncle had written down he was transferring the title to meself, but I may as well have been talking to an Irishmen. Long and short of it is, I was turfed off me own land and had to find another way to make a livin. No idea what happened to me livestock but Smith?s family butcher on Upper Stephen Street has had that smug sort of ?I?ve has one over on you? look ever since.