Thread: Couple of questions from a newbie

Default Couple of questions from a newbie

Hello, board members. I've been lurking here for a few days in an effort to gain a little knowledge, as I am absolutely ignorant in regards to buying/selling/trading stock; I know nothing. I have found answers to some of my questions, but here are a couple that I'd like to start with:

To start a brokerage account, to be honest, I wouldn't be comfortable STARTING with any more than about 5 grand; baby steps. My goal would be to EVENTUALLY make about 2 grand a week. Say in a couple of years? Yes, I know it's not a guarantee, and that the market is a gamble, and all that; I get it. But here's my first question: Am I dreaming? Or is this achievable, given the above?
    autohiteyx

Question two: I see that ScottTrade and others offer seminars for beginners at their brick-and-mortar locations; Would that be a good place to start?

Congratulations that you have taken the first step to investing, lot of people out there are “too busy” to consider investing. In my opinion, it’s always a good idea to get more knowledge about money matter. Whichever stocks you choose to invest in, make sure that you have done a thorough research before committing your money to the stock.