A drop of 5% in the Mexican market, would be magnified to 10% using this ETF. Add in a 25% fall in the Mexican peso, as predicted by the Brookings Institution, and it would produce quick 50% gains in the days after Nov. 8. A big caveat is that this tiny ETF has just $1.25 million in assets, so liquidity and bid-ask spreads could be a serious issue.

“As a rules-based investor, a Trump victory has not changed my investment bias,” said Mike Turner, editor of the Quick Hit Trader and Signal Investor services. “Coming into Election Day, the odds-on favorite to win the presidency was Clinton. The odds-makers, along with most major media outlets, were categorically wrong.”

Turner said that the analytical models he uses already had anticipated how to invest in the market, regardless of who might win the presidency.

The market has been trending lower since mid-August of this year. In early November, the market fell into the Neutral Zone, which is the trigger that Turner said lets him know to “move to cash.”

“My advice to my subscribers has been, and continues to be, to get small, take profits and wait until the market moves out of the Neutral Zone before committing capital either to the long or the short side,” Turner said. “A Trump presidency was unexpected by the pundits, but it was not unexpected by the stock market if you know how to interpret and act on the trends. The key, going forward, is to ignore the talking heads, pundits and so-called expert analysts; and, instead focus on what the market is clearly telling us. The market is telling us to raise cash and take a wait-and-see attitude on whether the market moves back above the Neutral Zone or falls below it.”