Thread: Idaho: Shoot Grizzly, face a year in jail, Shoot woman in the face

Albertoslobe

Default Idaho: Shoot Grizzly, face a year in jail, Shoot woman in the face

holding her baby, go free and collect your Federal Pension.

The Persecution of Jeremy Hill

Jeremy Hill of Bonners Ferry, Idaho, shot and killed a grizzly bear that threatened his children. The federal government is seeking to imprison him for violat
    Alekoaafer

Signed by Nancy D. Cook AUSA

She filed a criminal information against him. Which usually means
    a. She didn't run this by a grand jury.
    b. She expected him to plead guilty.
    c. She didn't expect a media backlash.

What is also surprising is the rest of the criminal information is sealed.
    She doesn't strike me as very bright. She is going to have to convince 12 men and woman chosen from across the entire state of Idaho that they believe unanimously that he didn't have the right to shoot that bear. He was only charged with this and there is no lesser charge. Although there seems like more than enough evidence to charge him, I don't think someone thought this one through to the end game. The rambling of the blogger that the federal government doesn't have jurisdiction and state cops are going to arrest federal agents and prosecutors is close to insane. It is the supremacy clause of the constitution. I love the bill of rights in the constitution, but I also recognize that if that document, if to be viewed as law, also has the supremacy clause in it too. I also can see his point about the federal shooting, but I don’t see how he correlates the two separate incidents.
    AleXraR

An interesting side note. This has to both survive a motion to dismiss before the judge and a unanimous decision of 12 men and women. The judge is the husband of a republican state senator. Considering the Idaho delegation has taken this up as a cause, I wonder how he will rule? Also to note, I did find a connection to the two cases not noted by the blogger. He is the judge that dismissed the case against the FBI Sniper.

I also can see his point about the federal shooting, but I don?t see how he correlates the two separate incidents.