Thread: Pro stock picks: What portfolio managers think

Donaldnix

Default Pro stock picks: What portfolio managers think

I'm going to add a portfolio manager's stock pick every day and I'd love your feedback if you agree or disagree:

Paul Harris, CFA of Avenue Investment Management has BUY on Hewlett-Packard.

"Not enamored. It was a company in disarray and didn’t know what to do with PC business. Printer business is fantastic for them. It is worth more than the company. It may take a couple of years to sort itself out completely. They have a good servicing business. At these levels it is a good thing to buy."

I'm going to add a portfolio manager's stock pick every day and I'd love your feedback if you agree or disagree:

Paul Harris of Avenue Investment has BUY on Goldman Sachs

"People love to hate it and that is why I likes it. One of the top 3 investment banks in the world. Trades at .9 times book. I think it should at least trade at book. Thinks it will continue to grow market share."
    Donnaldgok

Benj Gallander of Contra the Heard has DON'T BUY on Disney.

Amazing advertising. Likes that they are a leader in the field and have been around forever. He doesn’t like their debt load. He would pay down the debt to zero. Seems to be a debt heavy company for a company that makes so much money. He would see it if he held it.

Yenny: I saw John Carter - and I can't believe Disney wasted so much money on such a piece of....
    diegoCib

Didn't see John Carter but heard Disney lost around 200mil.