Thread: Freelancer IPO

Default Freelancer IPO

Hi.

The freelancer.com IPO closed it's applications recently so I've missed on that. However still interested to buy the stock when publicly available (15th November). I know the IPO price was 0.50 AUD. But it's the price it will open at on the market in a days time which I need to know, so I know how many shares to set my broker to buy (so I don't go over my budget).

When is the actual market price usually announced (if at all) before it hits the market and is live?

Ok thanks for the answer. I thought someone/something had to set a price of which it will open at literally in the first few minutes and let it continue to go up/down from there, and that initial price is announced just before. But now I'll wait on it and look to put in an order as it opens (if at a suitable price).

Cheaper than 0.50/share? Possible yes but unlikely for this one I think. And everything here is a risk of which I fully understand. While still a very new trader, well aware of the potential to loose money as well as gain it
    Darciepiday

Opened near 2.50 ... Did you buy any?
    DargothSize

Unfortunately not. And not for lack of trying.

The Barclays International Trader account is the most confusing dashboard i've ever seen and with the time difference of when the market opened, it was late at night for me so couldn't ask barclays for help putting in an order. Very annoyed but as it closed at 1.60, I consider it still a buy for the next few months so still keeping an eye on it.

Alibaba is my next if/when they open for IPO.