Thread: Your thoughts on few stocks that I'm trading

EmilyBof

Default Your thoughts on few stocks that I'm trading

Hi All,

So I'm wondering what is your take couple of these stocks?

SSNI - with a not so great forth quarter preliminary result and a lot of insider selling the stock is down from $23 to $15. I think it will recover up to $17. What are your thoughts?
    XOOM - With the recent expansion of service into new countries and earning slated for the first of February, I think it may catch up to $28 given they meet wall street expectations. What do you guys think?

Here are the stocks that I'm watching right now bullscan.com/nayan check it out and let me know your thoughts.

Nayan

:welcome I think the volume is too low on either to be really efficiently priced. Since predictive assumptions about any equity are basically 50/50 I like to have every advantage working for me. If you trade in and out of inefficient prices you will pay dearly over the long run. There is a near 30-40% gap in the bid/ask of the options so I'm going to guess that during market hours the bid/ask spread of the stock will be several cents as well. Making directional assumptions about a highly liquid stock will increase your avg of being correct at least by as much as the reduction in bid/ask spread when compared to less than liquid stocks. Everybody has their strategy however and mine involves more liquid stocks so I would have to pass. Anyway Welcome to the forum...

Hi Acstudio,

Thanks! Good insight. You are correct about the spread of the stock being several cents apart as I've noticed this many times. These two are risky stocks in a way but I hedge my bets as I've been trading/following them since IPO .

Nayan

Saw your other positions. I have an Iron Condor on LNKD at 200/215/230/245 I put on at about 35 days to expiration so I like this one. However I did it without regard to the upcoming earnings...so I'll probably have to deal with that as volatility climbs or after. Not sure what I was thinking. But it'll be interesting either way.

Too many news stories on JCP and just not enough premium in the options to make a decent play.

And NQ has high volatility but it's drifted to the low end of it's range so not much to work with there.

LNKD is a good pick. I've traded it several times this month. JCP is very interesting with them shutting down stores I expect to see a bit of rise in revenue. JCP stores have long term lease on prime real estates around the country. I'm not sure they own that or not. I plan to get out at $7.30 (lets see if that works ) NQ is definitely volatile but if no bad news emerge in the next few weeks/months it may well go up to $18.50 or $20 (my guess).