Thread: Beating NYSE - portfolio

Default Beating NYSE - portfolio

Welcome to Beating NYSE (round 1)

In this thread I would like to prove that beating the street is not rocket science task as you keep strictly to your rules.

In each post I will share performance of my portfolio compared to benchmark indexes - Dow Jones Composite Average, NYSE Composite and S&P500 for previous round. At the beginning I allow myself to present some historical portfolio. After that I will share with you the performance in real time on biweekly basis.
    Buy and sell prices are day open prices from the beginning and the end of the round days.
    ANTONgremy

From what it looks to me. You've taken a bunch of losses. Only sold once above what you bought and that was less than 1% Sure you're holding on to some plus but why did you sell some of those other stocks that were down over 10%? Just wondering considering you were a buyer at the higher price? Wouldn't holding them be better for the rebound?

core aim of my strategy is to beat market indices in mid and long term. Only complete list of shares in portfolio represents the Beating Market Indices strategy. I fully agree with you that some stocks wasn't a good choice but such loss is included into core aim of strategy. It is strongly not recommended to assess the strategy on selective basis. I hope that you find attractive as we go further.