Thread: Propane Range Conversion

BartDugdal

Default Propane Range Conversion

Maybe this is common knowledge

After converting the range for AnnaMarie's Cottage from natural gas to LPG, ALL the burners ran hot. THe lowest settings were all too high.
    Turns out there's a simple adjustment. You just pull the control knobs off and right down the middle of the shaft there's an adjustment screw.

Here's the article that explained-- http://research.rolfes.org/home/adju...n-a-gas-stove/ . Just like the article said, none of my screwdrivers would fit. They recommend filing down a screwdriver. What worked for me was the little 'key' that comes with a keyless interior doorknob---the thing you can stick in the hole if you need to unlock the door. Some of them have a flattened end and they fit perfect to make this adjustment

Our brand new Frigidaire Range you have to change out the jets per the burner function. Two are high temp quick boil burners. One Simmer burner, one regular burner and the long grilling center burner. You have to look up in the manual or on line for the proper jetting size.

BTW The jets do not come with the stove as they once did. We had to return to the store and pick them up. Then reschedule another service call. The store forgot to send them after I questioned them several times about sending them. This caused another service call. GRRR!!!
    BenitoPung

BTW Number Two - running the propane but not the trenching and setting the two regulators and changing out the jets and adjusting the oven and the TWO service calls was only $800+ and that was without the propane. GRRR!!!!

Yeah I guess I should have mentioned all the required steps for a propane conversion, thanks Rick....This unit, though bought used on Craigslist, still had the kit taped to the back. There's a pressure regulator change, then orifices for each oven and burner. The flame height is a minor detail.
    Other causes of yellow flames are improper air/gas mixture, improper jet sizes, or restricted air supply