Thread: cramerica1972 if gas goes to $4.00 this summer

Default cramerica1972 if gas goes to $4.00 this summer

what are the chances of a double dip recession happening?with four dollar gasoline people will drive less spend less.
    EdwardNox

The ones who will probably be affected the most are those who are commuting to and from work. They can afford the $4.00 gas. Those who are unemployed still need to drive, but they will likely find ways to curve their fuel consumption. Maybe people will smarten up and drive in a more reasonable fashion. There is no need to floor it just to get to a red light or a stop sign. This requires logic though, something many American drivers seem to lack.

I have a feeling that the people who are going to be hurt most have already made drastic spending changes long ago. With this in mind, I feel that the economy will not drastically change as a result, but it will still be impacted none the less. The stock market may react to all of this, given the nature of the current volatility. There are so many investors who readily jump in and out of stocks, and given the right circumstances, we could see some wild trading sessions as these investors unload their stocks in fear. That's what I am most afraid of myself.

Sure wish I would have found this ETF as few months ago.

UGA might very well be the best hedge available for rising gas prices shrinking your wallet.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=UGA...d=p00760132694

You owe it to yourself to set aside 19 minutes to watch the following (pass it on):
    http://youtu.be/jboTeS9Okak

And UCO, USO and others. I don't know why I avoided all these. CNBC has been harping, however, all week, with a series showing how individual stocks would profit more than the ETFs. But I like the conservatism of the ETFs if you can read them right. I've been burned now and them on them too. But, if I had a time machine, I'd definitely get a listing of all the ETFs and just stick with them.
    EFURudolph

People will start driving hybrid, electrics. They will carpool and ride public transport. But when it comes to spending on what they like, most people (if not all) act like a teenager.