Thread: VRS (Verso Paper Corp) Would you buy into it?

Default VRS (Verso Paper Corp) Would you buy into it?

So, after some news today that they are acquiring New Page Holding, the stock soared, and closed at 3.21 off of a high of 3.55. Now, I do listen to Jim Cramer fairly often, and one of his tenets is to buy into dips off of new highs (which this is). Now obviously I wish I would've seen the news as it was happening, and tried to get into the position early to try to make a profit on that rough tripling of the price, but now the question is, do you think there's enough upside left, to make further trades profitable?

If you buy purely just to buy news now, you would be chasing a news run. I recommend against this. I suggested VRS today at 2.25 as it perked off the dip around 2 in my chat room. There will probably be other opportunities to enter later this week IF volume sticks around. I will try to post a chart of a setup as it happens here. Of course my chat is priority. Here was todays chart that can be used as a guide for tomorrow. Although it could gap up and then today would be irrelevant except for the 3.52 high. I know a few other pro-traders who are looking to short this if 3.50 area doesn't hold. Of course it could still go higher, but don't let emotions take over and 'panic buy' - most times this ends badly. You want to sell to the chasers, not be the chaser.
    DyanBess89

Just traded VRS this morning. 4.40 to 4.80. Was moving to fast to post chart, sorry. Still going though. Crazy run past 2 days.

So did you see something prior to the press release, that indicated to you it was a good buy?

to be honest, did not know there was a press release until your post above.
    news might have helped/made it pop, but when VRS came up on the scans and we traded the chart