Thread: 2006 mid to long term "investments"

Default 2006 mid to long term "investments"

Since this is a forum for "members to discuss their own stock ideas", how about a sticky thread for CY 2006 (6 month to 2 year) investments? Not a short run penny stock, no swing or day trades, just investment/trades to beat the averages or hedge against a downturn. I shoot for a standard 12% after comissions on longer trades. Dividends play a part.

Suggestions for posts:

up to 5 stocks.

Reasons ie, dividend, forward PE, estimates, analysts rating, PEG, chart trend, news, product/market share etc.

Any takers?

Thierry can you "STICKY" this?? Thanks, Luc

Luc,

Not sure why this needs to be a sticky.

My pick

Here's my big pick, I am shorting GOOGLE. Everyone who has an opinion about GOOG says that you can't short it, too dangerous. Well, I've been around long enough doing this to know what to do when sentiment is stacked one way or the other. Plus I just think that the overhyped way GOOGLE makes it's money doesn't have long term viability. I'll set my price at Fridays close of 430.00. And I'll set my target at 5 bucks, which will occur when the next best thing comes out. I really think this is a rare "lock" for a long term play.

Thierry, not sure either.....just thinking; instead of searching through 100 posts, maybe at the top could be an easier source for this forum. Thanks for considering it.. Luc

Coup[le I'm looking hard at on the above criteris....no pennies here though.

NFI....huge dividend, good financials

AA....labor "overtime" limits and new work hours effective 1 Jan. It WILL cut labor costs at least until the union can make some headway. Price is ....well, look at the charts. Nice dividend yield as well.

BUD.....still a great longer term with solid dividend, China effects it, %50 of US market, name, specialties. I do own this and have cost averaged for the past 10 years.

Plenty of short term / day picks and pennies with mad money, but we'll see how these do over the next few months.

Your take?