Thread: Whats he all about?

Default Whats he all about?

I just caught his show for like the 3rd time and he seems to really know what he is talking about. I know noone can be right all the time and i know i must do my own investigating but overrall is he making anyone money?

I am a young beginning investor and any input on this matter would be much appreciated

It is a good site that tracks his performance. Like everyone else will tell you on this forum...don't buy on his recommendations. Do your homework, take his ideas, read his book, but don't buy simply because he says "buy buy buy". As you can tell from his track record, it's about a coin flip. The odds aren't good, but his ideas and research are incredible.

I totally agree! A lot of people watching that show are just looking for get rich stock picks and don't even bother to understand the fundamentals of his trading. His book helped me more than anything.

Jim is a very bright individual, who thinks very logically when it comes to stocks.
    He doesn't have a good "feel" for the markets, and as result he doesn't make much money. His hedge fund rode the tide of rising internet stocks, which he was able to guage because invesment banks were bidding him ever higher prices for the Street.com, so he could sense, first hand, how frothy the buyers were. The hedge fund went bust twice, and his wife bailed it out with "bet the house" trades.
    Never, ever buy his ideas on the opening the following day. Check the charts, do the work, and then, when they come back down (they always do) take a look. One of Jim's short comings is that he is very undisciplined. Chases sectors and stocks, adds to bad positions, and generally is not a structured or diciplined professional.
    Jim is very entertaining, but he is not a world class investment guru by any stretch of the imagination. Fun to watch; good with ideas; not much of a track record at making people money.

thanks for all the help guys thats a great website. I will definently do MY homework when it comes to investing MY money.