Thread: Are there any correlations between Airline companies and Solar companies?

Default Are there any correlations between Airline companies and Solar companies?

Both the airline companies and solar companies (alternative energy) more or less depends on the oil price. If oil goes up, the airline companies will go down, since they have to pay more for fuel and hence profit go down. On the other hand, if oil goes up, it makes solar companies more attractive since companies switch to solar or other alternative energies. So are there any correlations between the airline companies and solar companies?

And has anyone try any methods to trade these 2 industries or any other transportation and alternative energy companies? I'm buying solar companies, so I'm trying to learn as much as possible that will effect its price.

I've always been an avid trader of solar stocks if you've been here a while.

But saying airline and solar is influenced by oil prices is like saying oranges and apples are influenced by the sun, they're both influenced by it but aren't influenced by each other or related.

I think they are kind of going opposite directions right now. If you look at the airplane company UAUA and solar TSL, airline is up and solar is down.