Thread: Any pullbacks on your watch list?

JeraldChau

Default Any pullbacks on your watch list?

Anybody got anything on their watch list that is pulling back for the next leg up?

One thats really beaten up is Georgia Gulf (GGC). As I have said, I depend on others suggestions for my stocks, then find what I can, along with a hunch. Richard Rhodes in msnmoney's strategy lab bought it for his competition portfolio, and thinks the reward outweighs the risk. I got in this morning at $24, and getting my clock cleaned, but intend to give it a chance, since half its pruducts go to home building. I know builders are slowing, but think of all the destroyed homes needing replacement. A lot of vinyl siding, etc. If it falls past 22, c'est la vie.

Oh oh. This could be bad. I'm not familiar with what happens when a "force majeur" is declared. Two of it's plants are down from Rita and Katrina and a third is closed for a scheduled turnaround, so the force majeur releases them from timely contract fulfillment because of an unforseen natural disaster. Won't this drive up their product prices? Any professional thoughts on this, optimus?

I think a lot of pulling back will occur monday and tuesday this week so we really need to inspect the wreckage come wednesday/thursday.

watch for PG to sell a bit this week. It has had a nice run up but will be a good one for some time.
    Another a stock I own PBR, a brazilian oil and gas company lost 2 dollars on thursday and friday. It has a PEG lower than 1 and is still very bullish.
    Monday and tuesday will be a big day for oil plays anyway, since they had a brief pullback last week

I got RIG and TOPT on pullbacks, this week. They both dropped about 35 cents below where I bought in. Could have been mistakes, I don't know, it's hard to guess, right now.

SBUX behaved a little better, but forget about COH. I picked both of those up a couple of weeks ago, regretting COH, patting myself on the back about SBUX.

Gee, I wish I had some money left over for CAT. That looked mighty tempting there, couldn't decide, bought RIG.