I have been trading off and on for about 10 years. I have experimented with multiple strategies over the years. I have tried moving average crosses, Bollinger band extreme retracements (my current favorite), and using all the common indicators, MACD, Stochastics, RSI, you name it. I have never been able to come up with an entry signal that's gets me into a winning trade much more than 40-50 percent of the time. Each time I start trading, I start off with a couple losers immediately and I get frustrated. I am only paper trading right now because I don't feel like I have the psychological confidence to enter real trades right now.

I have been thinking a lot about strategies lately and searching for a high success winning entry. Since I haven't found this Holy Grail for entries, I am beginning to believe that the real edge in trading comes from cutting losses short and letting winners run. I know there are a lot of pros on this board and I feel like this is a great place to get a little advice. Any thoughts or advice from anyone on this idea? Am I looking in the right direction?