PDA

View Full Version : Can't reload historical data Renko chart

AundreaMud
06-05-2016,
I can't reload all historical data of my Renko chart (future FTI 05-16) anymore. It's greyed out.
I am now missing yesterday 17-5-2016, this day I didn't have NT7 running that day. But the previous week I also could not reload historical data.
However, in all my other charts it is still possible to reload historical data.
I already tried a
- restart,
- disconnect/connect
- load smaller Renko and then back to larger Renko
- load 5 Minute and then back to Renko
- and a DB repair
but so far no cure.

How can this problem be solved?

autohitkhu
06-06-2016,
Hello trail,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Can't reload historical data Renko chart' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Are you able to reload historical data in Renko charts that have a different instrument selected? Is it possible to reload historical data in FTI charts that have a different interval than Renko?

AvianeN
06-06-2016,
Log files have been sent.

Answer to your questions:
- Are you able to reload historical data in Renko charts that have a different instrument selected?
No, with ES Renko the same problem
- Is it possible to reload historical data in FTI charts that have a different interval than Renko?
When changing to for instance 30 Minute, than yesterday (May 16) is present and Reload Historical Data is no longer greyed out. If I get back to Renko the problem is the same as before...

axzhycmv52
06-08-2016,
Thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately this is as expected when you connect to Interactive Brokers. They do not support historical tick data in NinjaTrader. Renko bars are build by historical tick data and therefore you cannot reload historical data in the chart.