PDA

View Full Version : Made my first buy today.

accisrems
05-31-2016,
Using think or swim software and I bought some shares in BLFR. I'd like to get any opions or thoughts on this buy. I'm green when it comes to trading, as if that needed to be said. Anyway help thoughts on this stock would be great.

ajaxunos
06-02-2016,
Welcome!, I guess my question to you is:
Have you did any homework on the stock or just buy because you got some email?

Albertgax
06-02-2016,
Congrats on your first trade. Looking at a 2 month chart, and keep in mind, just looking at a chart is just looking at technicals, not fundamentals. Fundamentals are things like, is the company solvent, when are earnings, is there good or bad news coming up??? So here are a few technical things.. First off, it doesn't have a whole lot of volume, so I hope you don't own too many shares, because it might be difficult to get in and out of the stock at the price you want... second You see the highest thing I circled. Look at the 50 moving average that it fell below... That was some broken support... but you see how it was kind of supported at the 200 moving average where you bought? That's a level of support, it should bounce up of that.. If it drops below that, then that would be bad. What it looks like is you kind of have it at a little consolidation level here, but don't be surprised if as it goes up it hits its head on that 50 and bounces back down to the 200, cause those indicators are often support and resistance levels. Keep an eye on those things... This one might be setting up for what is called a "short squeeze", depending on how many people are short on the stock, and it will eventually break out or down off of that 50. Someone like Blane might be able to tell you if that's the case.

afojagipugja
06-02-2016,
Also this second circle, that MCAD, that's good when that black line crosses over that red one moving up... So you kind of have one earlier bad, one average, and one good technical indicator currently informing you of some things. You need to learn more about those moving averages, and how they can help inform you.

If you waited till this slight pull back today, that might be a good time to have gotten in it... If you were disciplined and got a good fill today near .70, then you are perhaps a trading stud in the making! But if you got a bad fill, from .75 to .78, then you are just average and need to continue to hang in there and get better at stuff like that... http://onlinetradersforum.com/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png Either way, you could have started off much worse than this... You might want to keep a tight stop loss on this one... Good luck

admin
06-03-2016,
Just be aware that this stock was setup as a pump and dump.