PDA

View Full Version : Daily data very gappy (continuum)

Charlesfes
05-30-2016,
Hi there,

I am using the NT Continuum data feed and I think there may be a problem with the quality of daily data. Whilst my minute charts appear to be fine, when I open a daily chart on various instruments, such as GC and CL as shown in the attached, the data is very gappy.

I thought perhaps my data was corrupted. So I shutdown NT and went and deleted everything I had out of the folders in C:\Users\MP\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\data. I then re-opened NT and re-downloaded all my data (tick, minute, daily) once again. Finally I opened a daily chart of GC and CL and got exactly the same results.

When I connect to Kinitech End of Day (Free) connection, and re-download my daily data, my CL and GC charts re-load themselves and appear as they should - without any gaps.

Does anyone know of current data issues from continuum, if not, what my problem may be?

CharlesMilt
05-31-2016,
Hello michellepace,
Thanks for your post.
This is expected. NinjaTrader Continuum daily data is recorded in RTH and Kinetick's is ETH.
What you can do is open a 1440 minute chart (there are 1440 minutes in a day) and apply the desired session template.

Charlestego
06-01-2016,
chart will load then go blank.have to make another chart and same thing happens

CharLIpa
06-01-2016,
Thanks Brandon, what does RTH and ETH mean?

admin
06-02-2016,
I have a quick follow-up question. If my datafeed reports daily bars using ETH (so there's almost no gaps), is it possible to plot the RTH bars using minute data?