PDA

View Full Version : What are "points"?

ErenTrogstono
04-23-2016,
What are "points"?
what does the points means? where can i use it? well, it is very catchy for me. but i don't know if it is useful. I am sorry for not knowing it. but iwill be thanking for the people who will be able to answer it. thaks

evefayeqxaw
04-24-2016,
imnewtrader View Post
what does the points means? where can i use it? well, it is very catchy for me. but i don't know if it is useful. I am sorry for not knowing it. but iwill be thanking for the people who will be able to answer it. thaks

Usually referring to ES trades, 1 point is 4 ticks.

Mike

exituiniulp
04-26-2016,
imnewtrader View Post

A point usually refers to the smallest possible price change on the left side of the decimal point. The following would be 3 point changes:

ES moves from 1326.00 to 1329.00
CL moves from 100.49 to 103.49
FDAX moves from 7170.0 to 7173.0

Ticks and Points

A tick is the smallest possible price change for a market. This means that points are equal to or larger than ticks. For YM a 4 tick move is identical with a 4 point move, as YM trades in whole points.

fiflewpoeplay
04-27-2016,
imnewtrader View Post

A point is a dollar. Reguardless of the instrument you are watching.

Although that point's value or worth varies greatly. YM 5 bucks... 6E 125,000 (that's the move I want to catch)

I believe a picture is worth a thousand words..

Edge