PDA

View Full Version : need help !

FosypePypegep
04-16-2016,
HI traders
Fisrt of All I would like to thank Mike for this awesome forum , I love it , but I have never posted anything , I have trading ES since October 08 ( bad timing ! lol)
still trying to fing a setup that works for me , and I think I just did lately and would like some help automating it , it's a simple strategy that uses the HMA crossover , works good on Range bars ( I got this from Mike , thanks for introducing me to Range bars !! )
Ninja Trader actually comes with a sample MA crossover but it uses SMA 's and I found that HMA behave better , so I tried to change it but could not ( I am not a progammer ) but thought I tried my best knowledge ...
Can someone help me out , I can't afford to pay anyone yet , still on the sim and struggling to recover my losses
Thank you !
Warm Regards
Sonia

Gerialelm
04-17-2016,
Hi Sonia

You don't need to be a programmer to build simple strategy such as the one you want. Try building it with Strategy Wizard first and from what I see it should suffice your needs at this stage.

I recommend you visit NinjaTrader Video Library first:
http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/helpguide.html?VideoLibrary

Those videos which will help you create your crossover strategy are:
Strategy Wizard, and
Condition Builder (this actually instructs you how to create crossover strategy - simply instead of SMA use HMA!)

Good luck and believe me - it's not so hard after all!

GMcknight
04-20-2016,
Thanks Greg , I appreciate your taking the time and replying , if I do it I will upload it for you all to try it

grailiEmali
04-20-2016,
Hi
I tried the wizard , and followed step by step the instructions but , it failed into compling it
Any help out there ?
thanks
sonia