PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Rays instead of Lines

kbcrcbxy95
05-19-2016,
Can the indicator draw rays instead of lines to show at when it started?
Currently I'm using horizontal lines drawn by indicators, so it doesn't show when it started.

If so, how can I do it?

keithtd11
05-22-2016,
Thanks for your post.

What indicator is in use in your screenshot?

Was this an indicator of your own creation, created by a third party source, or an indicator native to the platform?

Often times these changes would need to take place in the code of the indicator itself, but depending on the indicator, this may be an adjustable parameter within the indicator's options.

Kelvinlom
05-22-2016,
This indicator was created by third party vendor to draw the line at the price level with certain significant volume. My vendor has mentioned that NT7 can't draw HORIZONTAL rays by indicators. I've been using it with horizontal line drawing but horizontally drawn rays by indicators are getting more more needed.

So please confirm whether the indicator can draw horizontal rays instead of horizontal lines or not.

Cheers,

Kelvinvew
05-23-2016,
Thank you for the question.

NinjaTrader has the capability to draw a Ray horizontall from an indicator, it would depend on the logic the vendor had created if that would work or not though.

In general, the basic syntax needed would be as follows:

KennethNats
05-24-2016,
The issue with NT7 is probably lines disappearing when anchors move far from the chart window. Horizontal lines would not be affected the same.