PDA

View Full Version : Data Errors in 06-16 Contracts

GOSLeilani
04-08-2016,
Hello,

In the attached screenshots you will see that in several futures markets, in the 06-16 contracts, there is a huge price bar that cannot possibly be accurate.

These errors include the ES, the CL, the YM, the 6A, the HO, and the NG.

These errors do not show up when I use the 03-16 contracts, only when I use the 06-16 contracts.
Attached Images
File Type: png ES-Error-01.png (86.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png CL-Error-01.png (63.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png YM-Error-01.png (82.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png 6A-Error-01.png (69.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png HO-Error-01.png (68.7 KB, 2 views)

HaroldTib
04-11-2016,
Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Because the contracts have not rolled over your Ninjatrader, based on its "merge" policy is matching up the historical 03-16 data with the live 06-16 data coming in. The large bars are in effect showing the live difference between the two contracts at the moment.

To see the 06-16 contract data only , you would need to change your global merge policy to "do not merge". This can be changed in Tools>Options>Data tab.

Please see the helpguide here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG.../?data_tab.htm
and: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...rical_data.htm
Paul

Hectormi
04-12-2016,
Hi Paul,

I went into the Tools>Options>Data tab, and changed the Merge Policy as you said, but now my charts look even worse.

Screenshot attached.

If the Merge Policy was creating such a problem, I don't understand why it would be set as the default setting.

How can a trader have any hope to make money in the markets with inaccurate data?

Inaccurate data with price bars that appear other than as they actually are can create very costly mistakes.

In the meanwhile, my chart is now basically destroyed. How can I get it back to what it was? I changed the Merge Policy back to what it was, but my chart is still messed up, as shown in the screenshot below.

hijaayza
04-12-2016,
Rollover is technically this Thursday, no?

I'm wondering why you haven't experienced this before during rollover?