PDA

View Full Version : Bar by bar review of chart

bcar1qyd
04-03-2016,
Is there a way to have the chart load the next bar one bar at a time? I know you can hold the left mouse button and pan or hold the arrow keys down to move one bar at a time but this causes issues when looking at historical data. The point of looking at the historical data in this case is to analyze one bar at a time and draw lines, channels etc on the chart. This is cumbersome because it is easy to scroll the chart right by accident while adding a line, channel etc. and ruining the point of the exercise because you see many bars in the future. Market replay is great but when you want to only look from bar to bar the market replay timing is a problem. Just curious if there is an easy technique I am missing or tips anyone can give to help with this process and not reveal future data.

Maybe even ninjascript that would load one bar at a time?

Thank you.

Beexunionge
04-04-2016,
Hello jhowinvest,

This is not possible with NinjaTrader 7.

The Market Replay is as close as this will get. You can use a bar timer on a time based chart, or a tick counter for tick charts, or volume counter for volume charts to know when the bar will close.

I will submit a feature request in your behalf to add functionality to the Market Replay to advance one bar at a time. It will be up to our development department to decide to implement this feature in a future version of NinjaTrader.

BernardWeri
04-06-2016,
Hello contrails,

At this time bar by bar replay advance has not been implemented in NinjaTrader Beta 3. It will be up to the NinjaTrader development to decide to implement this request in a future version of NinjaTrader and is not guaranteed to be implemented.

bjlaaqxc29
04-07-2016,
Hello jhowinvest,

This is not possible with NinjaTrader 7.

The Market Replay is as close as this will get. You can use a bar timer on a time based chart, or a tick counter for tick charts, or volume counter for volume charts to know when the bar will close.

I will submit a feature request in your behalf to add functionality to the Market Replay to advance one bar at a time. It will be up to our development department to decide to implement this feature in a future version of NinjaTrader.